Whenever I go on Twitter these days, it’s usually on my Blackberry when I’m stuck in traffic, or my mum is droning on about something I can’t be arsed listening to; oh the joys of living back at home. But today, during a rather quiet day in the office – Now I have a ‘proper’ job, I can’t just spend hours social networking – I decided to have a browse of the ‘Trending Topics.’
I’ve never been one to bother with Trending Topics, as they’re usually just some rubbish like #OMGIfIWereAnAnimalIWouldBe or something equally as moronic. “LOL.” But after exhausting my Timeline and STILL having 1 hour 29 minutes before home time, I thought I’d have a little nosy… and here’s what I have learnt. I’m actually quite impressed.
- Percy Pig now has a brand of ice cream. Those delicious pink pig faces have been frozen, mixed with all sorts of other calorific ingredients and sold in Marks & Spencer.
- Pete Doherty has gone to jail for possession of cocaine. Naughty
- Gail Porter has been sectioned under the mental health act after cutting her chest and arms in her bathroom.
- Waterstones bookstore chain has been sold for £53m. Great huh? But not when you take into account that that’s the selling price of one Fernando Torres. The world is MENTAL.
- The Queen has made it to Cork without being assassinated by terrorists.
- Skater Girl Avril Lavigne has released a video for her single ‘Smile’. Everyone seems to be going on about it… as I’m in the office, I don’t think blasting out some pop punk would go down very well, so I’ll have to find out the big news on that one when I go home, or I get to my sisters, who has one of these iPhones where you can ACTUALLY watch videos. I know, how amazing is that?
Finally, something is happening on the Worldwide TT with some bloke called Joaquín Sabina. All the gossip is in a foreign language though, and Google isn’t giving me anything… can anyone help? I’ll never sleep tonight otherwise.